Discuss Scratch

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Huh, I clicked on this thread all ready to say the same spiel with anyone who asks the Scratch Team to recognize holidays, but … the stuff described in the OP sounds pretty reasonable. The Scratch Team is certainly capable of featuring a cat-themed project/studio; no further effort required. I don't think it needs to be required that said studio describe unadopted cats, etc., but I think the Scratch Team would be willing to feature such a studio anyway (provided the tone isn't too somber).

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Za-Chary wrote:

Huh, I clicked on this thread all ready to say the same spiel with anyone who asks the Scratch Team to recognize holidays, but … the stuff described in the OP sounds pretty reasonable. The Scratch Team is certainly capable of featuring a cat-themed project/studio; no further effort required. I don't think it needs to be required that said studio describe unadopted cats, etc., but I think the Scratch Team would be willing to feature such a studio anyway (provided the tone isn't too somber).
I just wanna have a fun day while bringing attention to a genuine problem. It doesn’t have to be unadopted cats but I would like to bring attention to some sort of problem to do with cats.

The forum boogeymen are out to get you

unmissable
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I just wanna have a fun day while bringing attention to a genuine problem. It doesn’t have to be unadopted cats but I would like to bring attention to some sort of problem to do with cats.
Why? Cats are perfect
not even joking

Generation IX (9): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
I changed my signature

Found interesting, funny or plain good posts? Send them here!

Notebook | Ocular | me has a profile chatroom | The amazing triple ninja'd
Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Sending this suggestion through contact us,

Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

unmissable wrote:

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Why? Cats are perfect
not even joking
No like unadoprted cats and stuff like that like bringing awareness to the situation some cats are in right now

unmissable
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

unmissable wrote:

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Why? Cats are perfect
not even joking
No like unadoprted cats and stuff like that like bringing awareness to the situation some cats are in right now
Agreed

Generation IX (9): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
I changed my signature

Found interesting, funny or plain good posts? Send them here!

Notebook | Ocular | me has a profile chatroom | The amazing triple ninja'd
randomguy3513
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

roofogato wrote:

Fence with this one. It's cute and all, but I don't know if it's necessary
It's not that hard to add this suggestion so why not, PI day exists.

(Male) (He/Him) (2000+ posts) (5 Years)
Banner by depresso-boiyo, check him out!
Ctrl+shift+down to check out my projects!

Thanks for scrolling; if you like what I do, please follow me!
PaperMarioReturns
Scratcher
82 posts

International Cat Day

There's a problem, however. Most people hate cats, and they suggested changing the mascot to what they want it to look like instead of staying true to the iconic, so that could be a problem.

Hi! It's PaperMarioFan here, but you can just call me Return since I go by that name now. I have moved to this account to get away from my main and start fresh, so feel free to stop by and post a comment on my profile.

This is just too good to look at… HOW?? https://scratch-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/projects/937576613/

Now offering free Amazon returns for only USD 99k! /j
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

DifferentDance8 wrote:

MythosLore wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Unlike most of these holiday suggestions, this one actually makes a lot more sense because the mascot of Scratch is indeed a cat. However, I'm gonna go with “weak support” only if because ICD isn't really celebrated often.
Neither are Pi Day or Scratch Day, but they still celebrate them.
I don't understand Pi Day as well (other than the possible link of Pi -> math -> computer science), but considering Scratch Day is a day for Scratch specifically it would make sense that they would celebrate their own holiday.
Pi just happens to be celebrated because it's a cool occasion that coincides with 3.14. It's not like every day needs to have some deep religious or historical connection or something

Support, we need this meow
It's fun and it's not too hard to do
among_us1w2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

PaperMarioReturns wrote:

There's a problem, however. Most people hate cats, and they suggested changing the mascot to what they want it to look like instead of staying true to the iconic, so that could be a problem.
sauce?
ahem source?
i dont see any suggestions to change the mascot right now
i dont know any sources that support your opinion

dont just say “dont ban evade” or “wrong topic” for a question. answer it, and THEN tell them that this is the wrong topic or not to ban evade. giving just “rejected” and putting the college essay that is TOLORS is not enough. Explain! dont just use ctrl-c ctrl-v! even if it is not what some people want, explain the rejection! answer the question! the forums are not a place to repeat others, they are a place to innovate! anyway who wants to minimod?

scratchers on the forums from 10-500 posts have at most, a 7 short sentence span for replies. if you cant keep your posts in this range, then dont act suprised when someone asks for simplified version
bag randomizer for good games
experience the true chicken nuggies theft simulator : gobo | story
(Removed by Moderator - People with a TV head for a profile picture cannot discuss about the heart and soul of art) /j
OwO :: #44bd8d
^-^ :: #44bd8d
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Support, the main Scratch mascot is a cat, it'd make sense to celebrate cats.

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES
Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

Sending this suggestion through contact us,
Here’s their response:
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! The best place to post ideas for Scratch is on the Suggestions discussion forum. That way lots of community members can help think through your idea.

http://scratch.mit.edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/discuss/1/

Remember – it's best to post one suggestion at a time. That way everyone can contribute their thoughts on how to improve it. And it's always good to make a Scratch project “mockup” that demonstrates how your new feature will look and work.

​The Scratch Team does review this forum, so we appreciate your enthusiasm, but there is no need to send individual suggestions via Contact Us.

BendyOl183
Scratcher
500+ posts

International Cat Day

this sounds pretty reasonable, considering, like other people have mentioned, scratch's mascot is a cat.

However, I'm a bit worried people are going to suggest to permanently keep the scratch cat with party hat like people did with cat blocks.

Generation VIII (8): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Golden snoc
roofogato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

BendyOl183 wrote:

this sounds pretty reasonable, considering, like other people have mentioned, scratch's mascot is a cat.

However, I'm a bit worried people are going to suggest to permanently keep the scratch cat with party hat like people did with cat blocks.

Unlike the scratch top blocks, if the sprite is used in a project, people can just backpack it, or recreate it themselves

any pronouns, a thing | forumer | 14 | somewhat intelligent most likely idiot
bilingual

An0therRand0mC0der wrote:

no objection. decent and somewhat constructive posts. truly one of the forumers of all time
postpercent | 69th post / 100th post / 500th post / 1000th post
AnotherTwentyFour
Scratcher
100+ posts

International Cat Day

What if no one proposes a project/studio regarding cats?

My original account is -TwentyFour-.
the_awsome_penguinja
Scratcher
500+ posts

International Cat Day

AnotherTwentyFour wrote:

What if no one proposes a project/studio regarding cats?
ST will probably make one themselves

finally back on scratch

There is definitely a feature on Scratch where if you don't follow me, a penguin will come to your house and eat all your food and blow up your fridge.

THIS IS NOT A LIE

boring triple ninja
QUADRUPLE NINJAAAAAA

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Support. Scratch Cat should be more recognized as Scratch's main mascot, and cats are cool to me.

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap! | Give me an internet :) | My Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614

Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

International Cat Day

Bump

Barney_at_Bonels83
Scratcher
500+ posts

International Cat Day

MagicCoder330 wrote:

Yeah, and we should also celebrate Annoy Squidward day on February 15th! /hj

Still, good idea. Even if it wouldn't be that big an addition, it would be a fun thing to see. I'm sure a majority of users would enjoy it, or at least not hate it.
best thing
we need both

SPONGES CAN POST ON FORUMS TOO

TOP 5 SPONGES OF ALL TIME ON THE FORUMS
1. SpongeBob
2. SpongeBob
3. SpongeBob
4. SpongeBob
5. Mr. Clean

most recent or not quotes I find funny:

bittensboy wrote:

horizontal_shading wrote:

say [I've been here since part 6, no way it's part 8 now]
there was a part seven.
play note (you forgot. v) for (0.5) beats::pen
source

https://scratch-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/discuss/topic/706823/?page=2#post-7471830

pikachuLuke5 wrote:

MagicCoder330 wrote:

Yeah, and we should also celebrate Annoy Squidward day on February 15th! /hj

Still, good idea. Even if it wouldn't be that big an addition, it would be a fun thing to see. I'm sure a majority of users would enjoy it, or at least not hate it.source

couldn't find anything else

MagicCoder330
Scratcher
500+ posts

International Cat Day

bump

Hello, this is my signature! it goes under every post I make and isn't part of it. shift control down and such to see more

Get games off the other categories!

My interpretation of the Scratch Room

* Low floor: It should be easy to climb in and get started with Scratch - even for Scratchers who have no experience programming. - This does NOT mean complex things shouldn't be added. Making the ceiling higher or the walls wider doesn't make the floor harder to get on.
* Wide walls: Scratchers should be able to make all kinds of things with Scratch - not just animations and games, but news programs, science experiments, things we can't even imagine. - Wide walls means that some things that may be unconventional or odd or “useless” at first glance may still be worthwhile to add, because some people may find them useful for making new unique things.
* High Ceiling: Even though it's easy for someone who is new to programming to get started with Scratch, it should still be possible to make complex stuff. - Although the floor is there, many forumers just look up at the ceiling rather than thinking about the floor. They say “this would be too complicated, new Scratchers wouldn't understand it” without considering the fact that it can be worked up to with the handy floor we have.