Discuss Scratch

elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hidden Paths ~ A Warrior Cats Game Collab!

With the talking, I think for the text it should be at the bottem of the screen and not in the voice bubbles, because that's not very exiciting.

Also, with the combat in that style, there should be a lot of diffrent dodghes and stuff. The meter reminds me of skyward sword, because in skyward sword there is a stamina guage

As a matter of fact, I'm playing skyward sword as I type this!

Last edited by elvinandsparkles (June 4, 2015 14:38:42)

HollyleafCat12
Scratcher
100+ posts

So, are we agreeing on the Clans I made?
If so I can come up with a bunch of names.

Need help drawing eyes? Come check out my Eye Tutorial!

Making a new animated series called “The Fallen”! Come check it out here

Check out my comic Light and Shadow!

Looking to join a MAP? Come to my MAP Studio, where I got plenty open.
elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

So, are we agreeing on the Clans I made?
If so I can come up with a bunch of names.

Lets consult more people first
ErkowitKids
Scratcher
100+ posts

You can come up with names now probably, you don't need to know clan names first
moar ideas!
CUSTOMISATION
You should be able to change gender, pelt and name. This won't be too difficult.
STORYLINE
This is the big one…
So, you're born as a kit and have a little bit of time to explore your surroundings before you are apprenticed. As an apprentice you have to do apprenticey things, like training, hunting, helping elders… Then, you meet another apprentice and sneak out of camp together, and meet a strange cat in the forest who is selling interesting things for raven feathers (shop), but on the way back you nearly get eaten by a badger,but you are rescued by the deputy and severely told off. You are later taken to your first gathering (cut scene). You get sent on patrols once or twice, and have to fight other cats. Still as an apprentice, you train, until one day, another clan attacks. If you are a warrior apprentice, you have to fight the cats as they come through, if you are a med cat apprentice, you heal injured cats. When you finally win the battle, it turns out your mother has been killed. You are made a warrior as soon as you are trained enough, which is soon after the battle probably. Now you get sent on patrols more often, and have to do things like chasing cats off your territory. you have to hunt for your clan as well, but you had to do that when an apprentice. You can buy things from the cat in the forest like claw and tooth extensions any time. You can get an apprentice too. As a warrior you do like two quests, then you have to accompany your leader to the moonstone, on the way you are ambushed by some cats from deathclan or whatever. a non-forest clan anyway, like bloodclan. then you get away and return to camp, but some cats suspect you of killing the leader, especially when you are made deputy. you keep on doing things as normal except now you have to organise patrols and do leader-style combat when fighting other clans. the eventually, the leader dies and you become leader. You can choose to kill the leader to be leader faster. you can now also order attacks on other clans. Eventually, you have to fight deathclan or whatever, like a final boss fight. you can choose to become an elder, and you can write stories which get set as a cloud variable and told to the next player.
SAVING
I thin it would be easier to save as a code than cloud variables. eg. the code is 4356218
The first number is level, the second is location, the third is XP the fourth is completed quests, the fifth is position, the sixth is whatever we need, the seventh is money…
that way we don't have to make a new set of variables for each new person who plays.
That's it for now, more later
ErkowitKids
Scratcher
100+ posts

bubble103 wrote:

Co-managers, are there any other job positions that you think there should be that I've missed?

Maybe testing and advertising?

Last edited by ErkowitKids (June 5, 2015 07:17:22)

ErkowitKids
Scratcher
100+ posts

also we should change the title a bit to show we're still open to new members. (which we still are, aren't we?)
bubble103
Scratcher
500+ posts

ErkowitKids wrote:

also we should change the title a bit to show we're still open to new members. (which we still are, aren't we?)
Yep! I'll change it now.

⋆✴ ✧ ✩ Voice-Acting Shop!✩ ✧ ✴⋆

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

"People are human beings, produced by the society in which they live. You encourage people by seeing good in them." - Nelson Mandela
bubble103
Scratcher
500+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Still here although extremely busy
Me too. XD School and ballet exams…

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

"People are human beings, produced by the society in which they live. You encourage people by seeing good in them." - Nelson Mandela
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bubble103 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Still here although extremely busy
Me too. XD School and ballet exams…

Ehh more answering messages on my project thats on the front page
elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

ErkowitKids wrote:

You can come up with names now probably, you don't need to know clan names first
moar ideas!
CUSTOMISATION
You should be able to change gender, pelt and name. This won't be too difficult.
STORYLINE
This is the big one…
So, you're born as a kit and have a little bit of time to explore your surroundings before you are apprenticed. As an apprentice you have to do apprenticey things, like training, hunting, helping elders… Then, you meet another apprentice and sneak out of camp together, and meet a strange cat in the forest who is selling interesting things for raven feathers (shop), but on the way back you nearly get eaten by a badger,but you are rescued by the deputy and severely told off. You are later taken to your first gathering (cut scene). You get sent on patrols once or twice, and have to fight other cats. Still as an apprentice, you train, until one day, another clan attacks. If you are a warrior apprentice, you have to fight the cats as they come through, if you are a med cat apprentice, you heal injured cats. When you finally win the battle, it turns out your mother has been killed. You are made a warrior as soon as you are trained enough, which is soon after the battle probably. Now you get sent on patrols more often, and have to do things like chasing cats off your territory. you have to hunt for your clan as well, but you had to do that when an apprentice. You can buy things from the cat in the forest like claw and tooth extensions any time. You can get an apprentice too. As a warrior you do like two quests, then you have to accompany your leader to the moonstone, on the way you are ambushed by some cats from deathclan or whatever. a non-forest clan anyway, like bloodclan. then you get away and return to camp, but some cats suspect you of killing the leader, especially when you are made deputy. you keep on doing things as normal except now you have to organise patrols and do leader-style combat when fighting other clans. the eventually, the leader dies and you become leader. You can choose to kill the leader to be leader faster. you can now also order attacks on other clans. Eventually, you have to fight deathclan or whatever, like a final boss fight. you can choose to become an elder, and you can write stories which get set as a cloud variable and told to the next player.
SAVING
I thin it would be easier to save as a code than cloud variables. eg. the code is 4356218
The first number is level, the second is location, the third is XP the fourth is completed quests, the fifth is position, the sixth is whatever we need, the seventh is money…
that way we don't have to make a new set of variables for each new person who plays.
That's it for now, more later

I'm 100% pro for a final boss battle (and more boss battles along the way). Actually, with the final death fight I think you should first have to do some clan battle thing, and then fight an onslaught of cats before reaching the final, final, FINAL cat boss named Cripple or death or something. Maybe at this point he reveals he killed your mother. After beating them you win the game but you can still do stuff.

More ideas coming…
Salamis
Scratcher
6 posts

Dang it! Where do I fit in! I'm pretty good at animations…
bubble103
Scratcher
500+ posts

Salamis wrote:

Okay, I'll add you in the list under animation. You can always change your mind about your job later on if you like. Thanks for joining our collab!

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bubble103 wrote:

Salamis wrote:

Okay, I'll add you in the list under animation. You can always change your mind about your job later on if you like. Thanks for joining our collab!

HollyleafCat12
Scratcher
100+ posts

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

I can make the Clan names too! How about these?

AquaClan
CloudClan
LavaClan
GrassClan

The player could be a part of GrassClan, which is kinda like ThunderClan
AquaClan is like RiverClan
CloudClan is like WindClan
and LavaClan is like ShadowClan, or maybe BloodClan?

And we could also have an EagleClan to be like SkyClan before they left the forest if you guys like that.

Ok so are we on agreements for these? I cant make the cats until I make their names and I cant make the names until the 5 clans are officially approve

bubble103
Scratcher
500+ posts

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

AquaClan
CloudClan
LavaClan
GrassClan

And we could also have an EagleClan to be like SkyClan before they left the forest if you guys like that.

Ok so are we on agreements for these? I cant make the cats until I make their names and I cant make the names until the 5 clans are officially approve
Don't worry about anyone else's agreement yet - just go ahead with your name ideas. I promise we'll have a big discussion about all of our ideas next week, and agree on which to keep and which to change. For now, just brainstorm.

HollyleafCat12
Scratcher
100+ posts

bubble103 wrote:

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

AquaClan
CloudClan
LavaClan
GrassClan

Don't worry about anyone else's agreement yet - just go ahead with your name ideas. I promise we'll have a big discussion about all of our ideas next week, and agree on which to keep and which to change. For now, just brainstorm.
Ok!

elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

bubble103 wrote:

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

AquaClan
CloudClan
LavaClan
GrassClan

Um, I'm going on trips so can we make it more early?
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll join. I cook up half-decent programming, some pretty good ideas and maybe even some terrible voice-acting.
If you want to see me in one of my previous collabs, here's one. It's Warrior Cats too, but it broke down later. Here's the link.

Last edited by jji10 (June 8, 2015 07:19:19)

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
bubble103
Scratcher
500+ posts

jji10 wrote:

I'll join. I cook up half-decent programming, some pretty good ideas and maybe even some terrible voice-acting.
Great! Thanks for joining. I'll send you an invite to the studio. At the moment, we're coming up with ideas - there's more info in my announcement post.