Discuss Scratch

elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hidden Paths ~ A Warrior Cats Game Collab!

Alright, let's go! (with brainstroming)

COMBAT

Action could be hard to make because it's literly a bunch of cats clawing at each other. It might be more exciting, though.
Strategy could be more easy, but also kinda limited. The best way to do that is to have multiple regular and special attacks (Reverse bite or Starclan slah for example). There should be dodging, too.

You could fight forest creatures as well as cats.

EXPLORATION

2D would be easier and people have probably already made art based off that, but it could be limited and boring. There could be passages in the background you could go thourgh.

3D would be less limited and boring, but harder to make. There could be more interaction with this one

There should be no cat clan areas so you could chart them out and have more freedom of gameplay.

UPGRADING AND ITEMS

You could level up with expierience and then choose a parcticular stat to upgrade individualy super mario RPG style (the other stats would still go up normaly)

You could get herbs from medicine cats to use in the field with effects like replenishing health or making you stronger. There could also be prey bait items too.

There could be various cats that could give you stuff or upgrade your stuff. The items could be bought with some sot of currency

Those are some ideas gonna make more

Last edited by elvinandsparkles (June 1, 2015 20:51:20)

HollyleafCat12
Scratcher
100+ posts

bubble103 wrote:

Okay, Hidden Paths Team…
-=ANNOUNCEMENT=-
We might not have a lot of members yet, but I think the sooner we get started, the better. So, each person in the game design/ideas team (or any of the other members of you want to) please come up with a few ideas for the Hidden Paths game!

Don't let anything constrain you, don't think “ugh this idea's bad” or “ugh it'll be too hard to do that”. Think creatively, come up with some crazy ideas! Anything goes. We might not use all of the ideas in the final game. We might use some of them, but change them a bit. Don't worry about that for the moment though.

You can put your ideas either in a post on this thread or make a project explaining them. I'd like for us to have done that by Saturday the 13th. That okay with you guys? It's just a quick thing to get us started brainstorming - you only need to have 2 or 3 crazy ideas. After all of us have done our ideas, we can discuss them. Later on, we can have another brainstorming session, building on to our previous ideas but being more realistic.

Is what I'm saying making sense? You got any questions? Just ask!
I'm super excited to start brainstorming!
Well,Im on character design. if no one is doing this already, can I make some names so I can make some cats? Also will I need the clans from the books or different clans? And how many Clans of cats will I need to make?

Need help drawing eyes? Come check out my Eye Tutorial!

Making a new animated series called “The Fallen”! Come check it out here

Check out my comic Light and Shadow!

Looking to join a MAP? Come to my MAP Studio, where I got plenty open.
elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

bubble103 wrote:

Okay, Hidden Paths Team…
-=ANNOUNCEMENT=-
We might not have a lot of members yet, but I think the sooner we get started, the better. So, each person in the game design/ideas team (or any of the other members of you want to) please come up with a few ideas for the Hidden Paths game!

Don't let anything constrain you, don't think “ugh this idea's bad” or “ugh it'll be too hard to do that”. Think creatively, come up with some crazy ideas! Anything goes. We might not use all of the ideas in the final game. We might use some of them, but change them a bit. Don't worry about that for the moment though.

You can put your ideas either in a post on this thread or make a project explaining them. I'd like for us to have done that by Saturday the 13th. That okay with you guys? It's just a quick thing to get us started brainstorming - you only need to have 2 or 3 crazy ideas. After all of us have done our ideas, we can discuss them. Later on, we can have another brainstorming session, building on to our previous ideas but being more realistic.

Is what I'm saying making sense? You got any questions? Just ask!
I'm super excited to start brainstorming!
Well,Im on character design. if no one is doing this already, can I make some names so I can make some cats? Also will I need the clans from the books or different clans? And how many Clans of cats will I need to make?

…I don't know…probably a lot… we don't even know the names of the clans, but we do know it will probably be diffrent clans, but a refrence or two won't hurt (like a shrine to Firestar)

when green flag clicked
stop all sounds
say [Yeah ya!] for (10) secs

Last edited by elvinandsparkles (June 1, 2015 20:50:47)

elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

Need help with this

Also, I don't think you should become an elder because there isn't anything to do at that point. The game should just keep going on when you beat it
HollyleafCat12
Scratcher
100+ posts

I can make the Clan names too! How about these?

AquaClan
CloudClan
LavaClan
GrassClan

The player could be a part of GrassClan, which is kinda like ThunderClan
AquaClan is like RiverClan
CloudClan is like WindClan
and LavaClan is like ShadowClan, or maybe BloodClan?

And we could also have an EagleClan to be like SkyClan before they left the forest if you guys like that.

elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Elders should be part of the clan 100%.

We could try 3D Although its quite unrealistic

Yes elders should be part of the clan, I meant YOU shouldn't become one
elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

HollyleafCat12 wrote:

I can make the Clan names too! How about these?

AquaClan
CloudClan
LavaClan
GrassClan

The player could be a part of GrassClan, which is kinda like ThunderClan
AquaClan is like RiverClan
CloudClan is like WindClan
and LavaClan is like ShadowClan, or maybe BloodClan?

And we could also have an EagleClan to be like SkyClan before they left the forest if you guys like that.

Uh, lavaclan doesn't make much sense because these are cats
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

elvinandsparkles wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

No you should, it'd be something unique
elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

elvinandsparkles wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

But then you wouldn't be able to do anything and the game would end. It could be some kind of alternitive game over ending like in infinity blade, though

If we make it too realistic, the game will just be short and dumb and it won't be a game anymore

Last edited by elvinandsparkles (June 1, 2015 21:54:04)

bubble103
Scratcher
500+ posts

Wow, amazing ideas everyone! ^u^ I'll post some of my own soon.
Just one thing - please, don't argue about each others' ideas yet! We'll discuss them all on Saturday the 13th.

⋆✴ ✧ ✩ Voice-Acting Shop!✩ ✧ ✴⋆

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

"People are human beings, produced by the society in which they live. You encourage people by seeing good in them." - Nelson Mandela
elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

Here's a brain dump of ideas for more clan names:

Ashclan
Ivyclan
boneclan
skullclan
Willowclan
Sacredclaln
Leafclan
Deathclan
Lifeclan

You can connect the good/evil dots. There could be the standard 4 clans and 1 extremely evil clan you have to deafeat the final boss in (hey, there should be one) Maybe he could be called Wither?

The gameplay should probably be Simulater mixed with actual action adventure. So there could be an actual quest and also a bunch of random stuff. That would be intresting

QUICK FACT TEST: What is my logo of?
elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minigame ideas:

FOX RUN: Run away from a fox
(something) STONES: Some game that involves skidding stones

Once again, these minigames could first be played in game and then played from main menu

Hunting ideas:
  • Creep thourgh underbrush
    Click squares to locate
    Baiting prey items
    Diffrent prey with various effects
    Retain warrior duties by hunting
    Prevent the clan from straving when you get enough

There should be cloud data saving so you don't loose everything
HollyleafCat12
Scratcher
100+ posts

elvinandsparkles wrote:

Here's a brain dump of ideas for more clan names:

Ashclan
Ivyclan
boneclan
skullclan
Willowclan
Sacredclaln
Leafclan
Deathclan
Lifeclan

You can connect the good/evil dots. There could be the standard 4 clans and 1 extremely evil clan you have to deafeat the final boss in (hey, there should be one) Maybe he could be called Wither?

The gameplay should probably be Simulater mixed with actual action adventure. So there could be an actual quest and also a bunch of random stuff. That would be intresting

QUICK FACT TEST: What is my logo of?
If you dont like lavaclan we could change it to ashclan

elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

elvinandsparkles wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Hey, where'd you get that big “script helpers” banner?
Hidden_Paths
Scratcher
5 posts

Ok, so my Ideas:
COMBAT
When you are a warrior/apprentice, you should do one on one combat. Action combat would be more like “Press a to slash and d to dodge” and strategy combat would be kind of like warriors pokemon, with various moves, although we could make like an energy bar, and better moves take more energy so you can't just spam them. Also we could have energy restoring moves.
However, when you're the deputy/leader, apart from one-on-one battles like boss battles or whatever, when in a clan V clan battle you should have like a board and various cats on your side/their side (there can be different types of cats eg. speed cats, strength cats…) and you move cats to fight their cats (like chess) and they move theirs to fight yours, whoever runs out of cats/loses their leader loses.
EXPLORATION
If we're going to do 3D we need good artists, but I think we should do it. We should make the clan territories quite large, then a large rogue area around them where you can hunt but also meet rogues (some might join your clan, some might fight you).
LEVELLING
You should definitely level with experience, and you should have fighting damage, energy, speed, and things like that as stats. I think all stats should level by a little bit (1) but every level you should be able to level one stat by a larger amount. Also some areas should only be able to be accessed at higher levels. Each level should need more experience than the last.
GROWING UP
Kit should only be for a short while otherwise it gets boring. Apprentice should be you can train with warriors and level to increase stats and when stats are at a high enough level you become a warrior. Warrior should be for quite a long time until something happens, leader dies, and you become deputy. Then later, leader dies again and you are leader. Or you can choose to kill your leader and become deputy/leader that way. To be a medicine cat you have to choose the medicine cat as your mentor, then you become one. You should be able to choose whether to be an elder or not after the final boss battle.You can keep going as normal but there aren't any unique things that happen after the final boss battle.
ROMANCE
You should be able to choose whether to be involved in romance. You can mate with other cats from any clan but you will lose trust in your clan if you do. You can have up to three kits and they grow up as well, but only to warriors, and they stay kits for a while. To mate with a cat you need to have fulfilled their mating criteria, then you can talk to them and ask them to mate with you.
TALKING
We should SO voice act this. We can also do text but DEFINITELY voice acting.
Ok gtg now, more later
-Erkowit
DogQueenGirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

I can do all except game design.
bubble103
Scratcher
500+ posts

DogQueenGirl wrote:

I can do all except game design.
Great!

⋆✴ ✧ ✩ Voice-Acting Shop!✩ ✧ ✴⋆

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world." - Bill Bullard

"People are human beings, produced by the society in which they live. You encourage people by seeing good in them." - Nelson Mandela
elvinandsparkles
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hidden_Paths wrote:

Ok, so my Ideas:
COMBAT
When you are a warrior/apprentice, you should do one on one combat. Action combat would be more like “Press a to slash and d to dodge” and strategy combat would be kind of like warriors pokemon, with various moves, although we could make like an energy bar, and better moves take more energy so you can't just spam them. Also we could have energy restoring moves.
However, when you're the deputy/leader, apart from one-on-one battles like boss battles or whatever, when in a clan V clan battle you should have like a board and various cats on your side/their side (there can be different types of cats eg. speed cats, strength cats…) and you move cats to fight their cats (like chess) and they move theirs to fight yours, whoever runs out of cats/loses their leader loses.
EXPLORATION
If we're going to do 3D we need good artists, but I think we should do it. We should make the clan territories quite large, then a large rogue area around them where you can hunt but also meet rogues (some might join your clan, some might fight you).
LEVELLING
You should definitely level with experience, and you should have fighting damage, energy, speed, and things like that as stats. I think all stats should level by a little bit (1) but every level you should be able to level one stat by a larger amount. Also some areas should only be able to be accessed at higher levels. Each level should need more experience than the last.
GROWING UP
Kit should only be for a short while otherwise it gets boring. Apprentice should be you can train with warriors and level to increase stats and when stats are at a high enough level you become a warrior. Warrior should be for quite a long time until something happens, leader dies, and you become deputy. Then later, leader dies again and you are leader. Or you can choose to kill your leader and become deputy/leader that way. To be a medicine cat you have to choose the medicine cat as your mentor, then you become one. You should be able to choose whether to be an elder or not after the final boss battle.You can keep going as normal but there aren't any unique things that happen after the final boss battle.
ROMANCE
You should be able to choose whether to be involved in romance. You can mate with other cats from any clan but you will lose trust in your clan if you do. You can have up to three kits and they grow up as well, but only to warriors, and they stay kits for a while. To mate with a cat you need to have fulfilled their mating criteria, then you can talk to them and ask them to mate with you.
TALKING
We should SO voice act this. We can also do text but DEFINITELY voice acting.
Ok gtg now, more later
-Erkowit

Nice ideas! If we do voice acting people will think it is less boring (hopefully)
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

elvinandsparkles wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

elvinandsparkles wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Hey, where'd you get that big “script helpers” banner?

A Place I collabed