Discuss Scratch

Tankentusiast
Scratcher
2 posts

Reported comments.

So, this guy is constantly trying to argue with me and another scratcher, and we reported his comments multiple times since they were extremely rude, ex: “Why would I let a sped kid like u get away with suspending my account.” We reported his comments many, many, many times. Yes they do get removed, but he won't stop commenting. Does enough suspensions eventually get you banned? Because this constant arguing is getting frustrating.
8to16
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Reported comments.

Suspensions = bans
and enough bans will get your account deleted

when gf clicked
click [DSA Requirements v] :: motion

^^^^^ Below this line is a signature. It doesn't have anything to do with the post above.
1,000th post
the scratch movie # my beepbox compositions # free image hosting for forums

Scratchboxes probably won't appear while cubeupload is down
Tankentusiast
Scratcher
2 posts

Reported comments.

I see, I thought suspensions were different from bans. So suspensions are basically temp bans? Because I'm not sure how many times we suspended this guys account.
Witherplayz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Reported comments.

Tankentusiast wrote:

So, this guy is constantly trying to argue with me and another scratcher, and we reported his comments multiple times since they were extremely rude, ex: “Why would I let a *rude comment* kid like u get away with suspending my account.” We reported his comments many, many, many times. Yes they do get removed, but he won't stop commenting. Does enough suspensions eventually get you banned? Because this constant arguing is getting frustrating.
yes and if he ban evades then it would lead to a ip ban

More Active on the forums, making a game in unity.
First Ever Post # 100th post # 500th post # 1000th post # Ocular
Use Shift + Ctrl + Down To Read The Rest Of My Signature

My Topics

This is a publicly controlled siggy:Apply Here!

^I Dont Condone With The Image Up Here^
Some Info About Me!

#keepstroking
astro-peach
Scratcher
100+ posts

Reported comments.

Witherplayz wrote:

Tankentusiast wrote:

So, this guy is constantly trying to argue with me and another scratcher, and we reported his comments multiple times since they were extremely rude, ex: “Why would I let a *rude comment* kid like u get away with suspending my account.” We reported his comments many, many, many times. Yes they do get removed, but he won't stop commenting. Does enough suspensions eventually get you banned? Because this constant arguing is getting frustrating.
yes and if he ban evades then it would lead to a ip ban

Incorrect. If you ban evade, there are a few outcomes:

1. Any accounts with that email being banned
2. IP Ban (rare)
3. Permanent ban
4. Account deletion

The Forumer Hall Of Fame

The Forumer Hall Of Fame (FHF) lists forumers who post constructively and some good forum quotes. Feel free to nominate Scratchers or quotes to be added to this list.

forumers who post constructively
-> this is in no specific order

@starlightsparker / star / starlight

@MythosLore / @k7e

@i_eat_coffee

@BluePixelLOLLL / Bluepix

@Za-Chary / Zachary

@Sliverus (now deleted)

@Paddle2See

@ThisIsTemp1

@BigNate169

@breakfast_for_dinner

@scratchcode1_2_3

Za-Chary wrote:

The size of what?[1]

BluePixelLOLLL wrote:

Treat your password like your toothbrush, don't let anyone have it. And get a new one every six months.

Paddle2See wrote:

Perhaps it's for the penguins. Let's remember that Scratch is welcoming to all - even flightless birds.

starlightsparker wrote:

The RIW protocol, it’s extremely simple.
Report, Ignore, and Wait.
Report: Report the inappropriate content
Ignore: Ignore whoever made the inappropriate content. Do not “inform” or “spread awareness” about the user, do not invite mass reports. And also do not talk with the user or interact with them if they are a troll or something. (aka “don’t feed the trolls”) Ignore them.
Wait: Don’t give up and resort to breaking guidelines and/or breaking the second step of the protocol if nothing happens immediately. ST gets many reports, so make sure to be patient. If it becomes a really big issue, then you can always use contact us.

astro-peach
Scratcher
100+ posts

Reported comments.

There are many different punishments for inappropriate comments. They are:

1. Comment mute (stops you from commenting for a certain amount of time)
2. Comment takedown (removed comment)
3. Alert (message in your message box from ST - warning)
4. Temporary ban (self-explanatory)
5. Permanent ban (permanent ban - your account is still there for viewing but you cannot access it)
6. Account deletion (deleted account)
7. IP Ban (any accounts using that network will be banned)

Last edited by astro-peach (Yesterday 19:52:53)

The Forumer Hall Of Fame

The Forumer Hall Of Fame (FHF) lists forumers who post constructively and some good forum quotes. Feel free to nominate Scratchers or quotes to be added to this list.

forumers who post constructively
-> this is in no specific order

@starlightsparker / star / starlight

@MythosLore / @k7e

@i_eat_coffee

@BluePixelLOLLL / Bluepix

@Za-Chary / Zachary

@Sliverus (now deleted)

@Paddle2See

@ThisIsTemp1

@BigNate169

@breakfast_for_dinner

@scratchcode1_2_3

Za-Chary wrote:

The size of what?[1]

BluePixelLOLLL wrote:

Treat your password like your toothbrush, don't let anyone have it. And get a new one every six months.

Paddle2See wrote:

Perhaps it's for the penguins. Let's remember that Scratch is welcoming to all - even flightless birds.

starlightsparker wrote:

The RIW protocol, it’s extremely simple.
Report, Ignore, and Wait.
Report: Report the inappropriate content
Ignore: Ignore whoever made the inappropriate content. Do not “inform” or “spread awareness” about the user, do not invite mass reports. And also do not talk with the user or interact with them if they are a troll or something. (aka “don’t feed the trolls”) Ignore them.
Wait: Don’t give up and resort to breaking guidelines and/or breaking the second step of the protocol if nothing happens immediately. ST gets many reports, so make sure to be patient. If it becomes a really big issue, then you can always use contact us.

BigNate469
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Reported comments.

Tankentusiast wrote:

I see, I thought suspensions were different from bans. So suspensions are basically temp bans? Because I'm not sure how many times we suspended this guys account.
That depends on what you mean by “suspension”

You can be muted if you try to say something inappropriate in a comment, which is controlled by a bot that reviews your comment before you send it (so reports can't affect this).

And then there's temporary bans which are what happens when the Scratch Team blocks your account from using Scratch (at all), temporarily.

If they ban evade (use another account to get around the ban) or continue their behavior, they may be permanently banned. If they try to evade a permanent ban, they may be IP banned- meaning nobody on their local network can use Scratch at all.

Please report any disrespectful comments (or anything else on Scratch) you come across so that the ST can take appropriate action.

Last edited by BigNate469 (Yesterday 19:54:30)

This signature is designed to be as useful as possible.
How to make a signature & other useful info about them
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions (TOLORS)
The Announcements Directory
Lesser-known Scratch URLs: https://scratch-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/discuss/topic/542480/
Why @Paddle2See's responses are so often identical: https://scratch-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/discuss/topic/762351/

Ads Useful projects:
Raycaster & Maze 1.4.1 | Don't Break The Ice | Procedurally Generated Terrain | Basic Trigonometry | Comparing the fastest list sorters on Scratch

“if nobody can learn the programming language, it's just gibberish that does math.” -me, in a forum post

The original name of “loves” was “love-its”. Technically speaking, this hasn't changed.

© @BigNate469, some rights reserved
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Reported comments.

Just keep reporting the rude comments. If they continue, it will progress from warnings, to a temp block, to longer temp block, to a permanent - need to send an appeal to the Scratch Team - block. It can take a while - but we like to give Scratchers a chance to change their behavior.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;