Discuss Scratch

dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Guide to the Suggestions forum (DON’T suggest here!)

dertermenter wrote:

(#40)

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

Epsilon_3 wrote:

You should add some info on derailing, what it is, why it's discouraged, and what it could do to a topic (like make it closed).

I agree. This would really help a bunch of users, because I see plenty of users argue over little things that barely have to do with the topic.
I probably should but just not sure how I would implement it. I am worried it will make users stop referencing/comparing another suggestion on a topic.
I have done it, hope it is OK.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

After some thought, I have decided to put a link to ocular but it already has search queries so it is easy to use.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

I have done it, hope it is OK.

It’s wonderful, thanks. I think it’ll really help newer users.

qloakonscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Perhaps add that no matter the age of a topic, if it's the same as yours, it's still a duplicate? People seem to think that if a topic is old, it isn't relavant anymore and it's not a dupe.

Now Showing: CCRP V
https://scratch-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/studios/33864948/

Coding on Scratch since 2013

Foruming since 2016

In the Forum Helpers since 2022
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

qloakonscratch wrote:

Perhaps add that no matter the age of a topic, if it's the same as yours, it's still a duplicate? People seem to think that if a topic is old, it isn't relavant anymore and it's not a dupe.
Does that actually happen? I've never seen it.

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
Epsilon_3
Scratcher
500+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

Is your suggestion a duplicate? You can search it up using the keyboard shortcut CTRL/Command + F on the suggestions directory. and/or search your title you are going to use with ocular.
Little grammar mistake: it should be a comma.

╭━━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭━━━╮
┃╭━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱╱┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳━━┳┫┃╭━━┳━╮╰╯╭╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮┃━━╋┫┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┳╮╰╮┃
┃╰━━┫╰╯┣━━┃┃╰┫╰╯┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━━┻┻━┻━━┻╯╰┻━━━╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃
╱╱╱╱╰╯
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Epsilon_3 wrote:

(#47)

dertermenter wrote:

Is your suggestion a duplicate? You can search it up using the keyboard shortcut CTRL/Command + F on the suggestions directory. and/or search your title you are going to use with ocular.
Little grammar mistake: it should be a comma.
Thanks, will fix now

The2000 wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

qloakonscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7salad3salad wrote:

qloakonscratch wrote:

Does that actually happen? I've never seen it.
https://scratch-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/discuss/post/6035254/

Foruming since 2016

k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think you should also add a note saying something along the lines of “Please don't make test topics, as they clutter up the forums”.

AI isn't being added to Scratch anytime soon. If you want to, you could also read this related essay, which was not made by me.
I also found the earliest mention of Scratch 4.0 on the forums.

This is my signature. It is a small piece of text that appears below
every post I make. In my signature, I can include quotes, images, and even Scratch blocks.

define k0d3rrr
coding since [2019 v] :: #f18800 // The lowest year you can select is 2007, which was when Scratch was released.
favourite Scratch version: [3.0 v]:: #f18800
second favourite Scratch version: [1.4 v]:: #f18800

And now, some words of forum wisdom (which may or may not be controversial):
“What's the point of telling people not to post on your topic, if they are still going to post on your topic anyway?” - k0d3rrr
“If you are writing a story or creating a character roleplay for a Scratch studio, shouldn't it go in either Collaboration or Show and Tell instead of Things I'm Making and Creating?” - k0d3rrr
Epsilon_3
Scratcher
500+ posts

k0d3rrr wrote:

I think you should also add a note saying something along the lines of “Please don't make test topics, as they clutter up the forums”.
There is no point, they are very rare anyway.

╭━━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭━━━╮
┃╭━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱╱┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳━━┳┫┃╭━━┳━╮╰╯╭╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮┃━━╋┫┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┳╮╰╮┃
┃╰━━┫╰╯┣━━┃┃╰┫╰╯┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━━┻┻━┻━━┻╯╰┻━━━╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃
╱╱╱╱╰╯
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k0d3rrr wrote:

(#50)
I agree with the user above and it is not relevant to the suggestions subforum particularly.

The2000 wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

k0d3rrr wrote:

(#50)
I agree with the user above and it is not relevant to the suggestions subforum particularly.
Okay…

AI isn't being added to Scratch anytime soon. If you want to, you could also read this related essay, which was not made by me.
I also found the earliest mention of Scratch 4.0 on the forums.

This is my signature. It is a small piece of text that appears below
every post I make. In my signature, I can include quotes, images, and even Scratch blocks.

define k0d3rrr
coding since [2019 v] :: #f18800 // The lowest year you can select is 2007, which was when Scratch was released.
favourite Scratch version: [3.0 v]:: #f18800
second favourite Scratch version: [1.4 v]:: #f18800

And now, some words of forum wisdom (which may or may not be controversial):
“What's the point of telling people not to post on your topic, if they are still going to post on your topic anyway?” - k0d3rrr
“If you are writing a story or creating a character roleplay for a Scratch studio, shouldn't it go in either Collaboration or Show and Tell instead of Things I'm Making and Creating?” - k0d3rrr
VedanshS933
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k0d3rrr wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

k0d3rrr wrote:

(#50)
Okay…

I think it is…people do make test topics

Home OS 3.0 Coming Soon!
https://scratch-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/projects/880616996/

Post Count - 2000+!
1. Suggestions 1100+ (first time hitting 1000 on a subforum!)
2. Questions about Scratch 250+
3. Advanced Topics 230+
4. New Scratchers 100+
5. Show & Tell 80+
6. Bugs and Glitches 70+

redesigning the signature
Epsilon_3
Scratcher
500+ posts

VedanshS933 wrote:

k0d3rrr wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

k0d3rrr wrote:

(#50)
Okay…

I think it is…people do make test topics

I clearly wrote:

…they are very rare anyway.

╭━━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭━━━╮
┃╭━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱╱┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳━━┳┫┃╭━━┳━╮╰╯╭╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮┃━━╋┫┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┳╮╰╮┃
┃╰━━┫╰╯┣━━┃┃╰┫╰╯┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━━┻┻━┻━━┻╯╰┻━━━╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃
╱╱╱╱╰╯
qloakonscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You could add this quote from Harakou:

Harakou wrote:

The age of a suggestion thread isn't necessarily relevant, since we want to keep discussion about a particular idea to one thread. It's always a bit tricky, because sometimes the old thread doesn't have much discussion, or the new thread has a very well thought-out first post

Foruming since 2016

qloakonscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

qloakonscratch wrote:

bump

Foruming since 2016

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the new bumping rules seem good. i guess i agree that “stop bumping it” might be a little too much; maybe “bump it less frequently.” i could see someone waiting a year and then bumping their thread; new forumers probably would show up who can offer their advice.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

(#58)
the new bumping rules seem good. i guess i agree that “stop bumping it” might be a little too much; maybe “bump it less frequently.” i could see someone waiting a year and then bumping their thread; new forumers probably would show up who can offer their advice.
Changed it - is it alright now?

The2000 wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

(#58)
Changed it - is it alright now?
i think it seems better now, yes.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
HeliosTheSuperior
Scratcher
100+ posts

btw yall dont have super specific ideas for your suggestions
like mockups are cool to give us an idea,
but like

dont suggest a new feature and be like “youd find the feature by going to this url and doing this thing and it would be called this and it would do this, that, and this, and also–”
its just way too specific. give us your problem and your solution, no need for all that cr a p

Last edited by HeliosTheSuperior (Oct. 7, 2022 14:01:21)

You see, sensei~
I love how deep your voice can get. I've been recording and collecting it as MP3s.
I've gone absolutely crazy. From the Internet, I downloaded Audacity.
Cutting, pasting, until it was complete.
“Sensei whispering his love to me.mp3” <3

Hello, I'm Helios and I use they/xe/he >:​​^)
I'm an artist and a writer and I do cool stuff. :​​P
I'm currently working on my first-person story Teacher's Pet Chronicles! The story is about a girl who tells on one student, and then becomes thirsty to tattle on them all! But some classmates aren't easy targets, some are almost impossible to tattle on. Can she remove all of them from the classroom? Will her teacher notice her actions? Hmm…
I'm also working on a collection of poems called “I Wish I Were Them”. It's about a boy who is obsessed with the lives of others.