Discuss Scratch

37_Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

WE WANT SCRATCH 2.0 WITHOUT ADOBE FLASH!
or
I like Scratch 3.0.

Post your opinion here!
Project: https://scratch-mit-edu.ezproxy.canberra.edu.au/projects/278195249
Scratch on!

Select me and hit ctrl+shift+down to see more of my siggy.

This button is clickable btw.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

Scratch 2.0 without Adobe Flash is Scratch 3.0.

The Scratch Team is not considering an option to switch the “skin” of Scratch 3.0.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Marx90
Scratcher
51 posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

37_Scratch wrote:

or
I like Scratch 3.0.

Post your opinion here!
Scratch on!
NO! NO NO AND NO! SCRATCH 3.0 RULES, NOT 2.0! ITS SO BORING! ACCEPT WITH ME!

Last edited by Marx90 (Feb. 4, 2019 14:47:03)

The Sun & Moon are fighting. Go find NOVA.
Sammynams
Scratcher
9 posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

Last edited by Sammynams (Feb. 5, 2019 07:06:59)

I am sammy
e
TheOneGuy101
Scratcher
95 posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

Marx90 wrote:

37_Scratch wrote:

or
I like Scratch 3.0.

Post your opinion here!
Scratch on!
I don't agree with you. Scratch Team must make Scratch 2.0 with HTML5 or something and then tweak the HTML5 a little bit so it acts just like Adobe Flash.

The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation. The guidance subsystem uses deviations to generate corrective commands to drive the missile from a position where it is to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position that it was, is now the position that it isn't.
In the event that the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has acquired a variation, the variation being the difference between where the missile is, and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too may be corrected by the GEA. However, the missile must also know where it was.
The missile guidance computer scenario works as follows. Because a variation has modified some of the information the missile has obtained, it is not sure just where it is. However, it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be from where it wasn't, or vice-versa, and by differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be, and where it was, it is able to obtain the deviation and its variation, which is called error.
i want to die btw
i always said that i want to die and noone cares… strange
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

TheOneGuy101 wrote:

Marx90 wrote:

37_Scratch wrote:

or
I like Scratch 3.0.

Post your opinion here!
Scratch on!
I don't agree with you. Scratch Team must make Scratch 2.0 with HTML5 or something and then tweak the HTML5 a little bit so it acts just like Adobe Flash.
I think it's a little more complicated than you make it sound.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

Za-Chary wrote:

I think it's a little more complicated than you make it sound.
Surprisingly, you'll find that it's not that complicated! Scratch 2 is written in Flash and ActionScript. ActionScript is quite similar to another language called Haxe, which supports compiling to HTML5. And yes, before you ask, someone has ported 2.0 to HTML5 via this method! However, it is nowhere near complete, plus, it is no longer online. (edit: see below)

If the Scratch Team wanted to, they would have probably went this route, however, there are multiple reasons why 3.0 was built from the ground up, hence why 3.0 isn't a straight up port of 2.0.

EDIT: Found a working version: https://bobbybee.github.io/scratch-flash/release/ It's nowhere near complete so nothing really works but you can see just by using it it's 2.0, just without flash.

@37_Scratch, you can always use s2online (see my signature for more details)

Last edited by dude341 (Feb. 6, 2019 22:51:50)

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

removed

Last edited by dude341 (Feb. 6, 2019 22:50:04)

Placeholder
MaximunPokeMaster
Scratcher
500+ posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

edit: whoops, i didn't read it correctly, but i'm still reporting it to be closed, because the suggestions forum isn't a good place to post advertisements

Last edited by MaximunPokeMaster (Feb. 7, 2019 19:50:42)

H
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Saving Scratch 2.0

Thanks for the suggestion but we're pretty committed to moving forward with Scratch 3.0 now. Please base your future suggestions from the assumption that we will be working with 3.0 as a baseline.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

(credit to Za-Chary)

;