Discuss Scratch

RPP-Exploration
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Changing your featured project title (37-2.5 people support!)

Support - you could have ‘Check out my CC!’

AuabvK
Scratcher
24 posts

Support
Remix-the-Dragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

This has been up for ages .o.

I support though. It'd be nice to have a little more profile customization.

Just your casual Eddhead passing by~
pixelmaniacknowitall
Scratcher
17 posts

I support! This is a very great idea!!

Hi! I'm a really weird dude from ANTARCTICA who makes animations. Stop by my profile for a laugh!⋅⋅⋅ᵃᶰᵈ ʰᵒᵖᵉᶠᵘᶫᶫʸ ʸᵒᵘ'ᶫᶫ ᶠᵒᶫᶫᵒʷ ᵗᵒᵒ⋅⋅⋅
Down there is the colab I'm working on : Kings Defense Topic

WATCH STEVEN UNIVERSE PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU
Yelloh
Scratcher
86 posts

support i love the idea! i don't think that report button should be implemented specifically for the label, i just think that it should be an option when you click “report profile”

under construction
BIossom-fall
Scratcher
71 posts

Support, plus I made some images that might be helpful to suggest how this works. (Horrible editing warning!)

Where has my signature gone?
Better find it quickly or I'll worry everyone!
​Did it fall in the lake while taking a drink?
Did it hide in a patch of flowers, pink?
If it went to a restaurant do I pay for it's food?
Did it go to Hot Topic and Scream ‘WHAT A MOOD!’?
Is it helping a witch mix an evil brew?
Oh wait, I know, my signature is YOU!
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AuabvK wrote:

Support

Please read the stickies before posting. I cannot stress enough on how significant this is.

Sigton wrote:

My first suggestion is that you all give up on this whole support/no support convention, because it is not helping anything and ultimately downgrading the quality of replies across the forum.

Saying simply “support” or “no support” is adding nothing to the discussion, it is doing nothing to help improve the suggestion.

What should be happening, is someone makes a suggestion. People read this suggestion, and give their opinion on how to make it better. Build on other's ideas and more good quality suggestions will be made, rather than it being a big rush to see who can get the most supporters on their suggestion.

People are obsessing over this whole idea, and the goal has turned to getting as many supporters as possible and not paying any attention to the suggestion itself.

Also, please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Be constructive.
When commenting on others' projects, say something you like about it and offer suggestions.

Please, edify the suggestion. Say what you like about it, or how it can be improved. Here's an example:

This suggestion could be useful for me, because I would like how you can add creativity to it. However, there should be a limit on how long it should be, or it could be very hard to load.

PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oooh, that is a tough one, I am going to have to give my, Half-full support. I think that maybe there should be a few options of things to choose from, but typing in it would also be nice. But if it goes over the type limit then… AAARG! It is a good feature, I just don't know how they should implement it in.

Projects
#SaveCubeupload | Kumquat Attack | Game in which you can submit your avatar

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Total Power: 35

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Turquoise ish green: #17e67b
Epic nice blue: #0090c0
Cool light blue: #c4ffec, #a3ffe1, #85ffd7

Bippity Boppity Boo wow you found me congrats
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BIossom-fall wrote:

Support, plus I made some images that might be helpful to suggest how this works. (Horrible editing warning!)

-snip-
Good mockups, although I think a better idea than a “Change title” button would be replacing the label dropdown with a text input:

In the report dialog, the option should be after What I'm Working On:

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

Good mockups, although I think a better idea than a “Change title” button would be replacing the label dropdown with a text input:
-snippity -snip -snip-

Support if this is what's going to get implemented

It would be helpful as there are not many options now. Maybe someone could put something up like “More About my Mental Issues” so the user's followers can easily know what's going on instead of looking for the project.

It would also make Scratch profiles look more like YouTube channels (oh? just realized that lol)

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
Beamy68
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support, I've wondered why this wasn't a thing already@

Post Goal:

Motion::motion
Looks::looks
Sound::sound
Pen::pen
Events::events
Control::control
Sensing::sensing
Operators::operators
Variables::variables
List::list
More Blocks::custom
bemy
Bluebatstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I feel like this is a really good idea, the tags they have there, I simply feel, are a bit limiting. I always wanted a ‘My Best Project’ tag, but I'm stuck with Featured Project. I assume that refers to the project being featured on the front page, because Curated Project is there. This could also be used to specify project genres, so ‘My Best Project’ could be renamed to ‘My Best Game’. (I make games.) Other tags I can see myself using are ‘Play this Demo’, or even a description of the project to draw more people in. Therefore, I support, fully.
TapingAnimations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

-image snip-
Support for this and that above, this would be a really good idea and some user's could even make creative titles like “Want a Bobble Head?” or "Art Contest (Currently Open!) and the mockup by @Maximouse would be a really good concept!

Last edited by TapingAnimations (Sept. 21, 2020 16:26:33)

Male | 10 Yrs Old | Catholic | Animator | Roleplayer | Marvel, FNaF, Undertale, Portal, Minecraft, Among Us Fan
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Semi-support. This would be very nice to have as it allows for more descriptive titles, but the title of the projects itself may be able to suffice, and I feel like there could be more important things to focus on.

_ALTER-
Scratcher
44 posts

support - this could help draw more attention to the featured project

Mega Beyblade nerd.
Futurebot5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support; then they would have to have the option to report it.

So…hello, ou bonjour, o hola, o ciao, oder hallo.

ScratchCatHELLO
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Futurebot5 wrote:

No support; then they would have to have the option to report it.

OP says “will be reportable”.

Why would being able to report it be a problem?

ScratchCatHELLO
I have 5600+ posts, I've been on scratch for 5 1/2 years, I'm a Forum Helper™ and I have a Scratch Wiki account!
I like: Python, CSS, Javascript, Rust

Python 3 Text Adventure
cool new browser game - cursed laughing-crying emoji - Illuminati - you know waterbenders, but do you know stock-imagebenders? - snek - vibin' - Bump song (vevo) - Speed bump - yee - fred - m i c k e y
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support. This seems so useable. You can`t have click this as a title because that`s kinda learing.

L
-db
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support! It gives me more choices to what the title will be. I will keep supporting this if it has the report button.

now ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: deadman 死人 - i'm gone (prod. 愛Swagg)
⚪───────────────── ◄◄⠀▐▐⠀►► 0:00 / 1:27⠀───○
Ctrl+shift+down arrow to see more.
Do not highlight the text lol note: I just realized even if epitaph doesn't let the user get hit once he punches it turns off lol.
*Diavolo proceeds to epitaph and get hits of of giorno*. *King crimson punches*SHINJITSU NI TOTASURU WU ke shi te nai. Kore ga requiem da MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA.

Thes_123_345Squad
New Scratcher
1 post

i support