Discuss Scratch

PERCE-NEIGE
Scratcher
100+ posts

Where are good tutos for Snap?

Hello again everyone.

Could we have tuto (or more tutos), almost-beginner-friendly to explain how to hack blocks with Snap.
I found very basic stuff, we would need lessons and classes!
Snap has a very big potential (a big part of former scratcher who advanced their programming level thanks to Scratch)
and the tuto part is so poor in regard of the potential!
Also, I didn't try a lot Snap, I saw the mesh, but is there a sharing site like scratch.mit.edu with Snap-Byob projects?
How big is the Snap community? Why Snap is not advertised enough on Scratch?

blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You could try the Snap! Manual.

There's no site where you can browse projects and leave comments, but there's cloud storage of projects, and you can link to a project you've shared.

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it
PERCE-NEIGE
Scratcher
100+ posts

Snap! Manual is not really fun. I'd like a mini version of Scratch for Byob, because the creative ambiance is good here.
Maybe one day…
bharvey
Teacher
1000+ posts

I'm going to work on more Snap! tutorials soon. I've been busy with the BJC curriculum but when I get home from Barcelona, tutorials are at the top of my list.

PERCE-NEIGE
Scratcher
100+ posts

Good! I'm so eagerly waiting for tutos available even for beginners, visual, as Scratch ones. It's a bit hard and tiring to follow instructions in manual when it's not your native language.
And do you think one day there will be a snap community on a website, sharing and cheering each others, a little like Scratch site (but not so big)?

Last edited by PERCE-NEIGE (July 22, 2013 11:18:34)

technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@PERCE-NEIGE Yes, that's the plan.

trans rights are human rights
PERCE-NEIGE
Scratcher
100+ posts