Discuss Scratch

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchin' Weekly- Yay! Our first issue might be on Monday 22nd of July!

logiblocs wrote:

Yes and its actually ctrl+V to paste. you have to manually do the spaces. Just edit the backdrop
Yes! It works! Thanks!
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I am going to be unable to get to a computer this weekend, so StarscreamClone will be taking over as deputy. @StarscreamClone, are you able to put together the newspaper for Monday 22nd July? Thanks alot, cheeseeater

Last edited by cheeseeater (July 19, 2013 06:19:27)

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

I am going to be unable to get to a computer this weekend, so StarscreamClone will be taking over as deputy. @StarscreamClone, are you able to put together the newspaper for Monday 22nd July? Thanks alot, cheeseeater
Yes.

Alright, so this is crunch time. Reporters, I'll need you guys to post your stories ASAP (Sunday 7:00 AM Pacific at latest) so I can put it together. From what I've seen, there isn't anybody working on it intercae-wise, so I'll take care of that (it'll be a main page with buttons to show the stories). I understand that cheeseater was planning on having it in the forums, so I will do that as well (project some people may prefer is all).

Any questions? If not, let's get started!

Last edited by StarscreamClone (July 19, 2013 15:12:35)

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

Yes.

Alright, so this is crunch time. Reporters, I'll need you guys to post your stories ASAP (Sunday 7:00 AM Pacific at latest) so I can put it together. From what I've seen, there isn't anybody working on it intercae-wise, so I'll take care of that (it'll be a main page with buttons to show the stories). I understand that cheeseater was planning on having it in the forums, so I will do that as well (project some people may prefer is all).

Thanks alot! Its really helpful!
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

Yes.

Thanks alot! Its really helpful!
No prob.

Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!
ScratchinWeekly
Scratcher
76 posts

Hey! Mrsrec Made An Account For Scratchin' Weekly! We Can Release Our Issues In That.

Issue #001 - July 22, 2013!
Issue #002 - July 29, 2013!
Issue #003 - August 5, 2013!
Issue #004 - August 12, 2013!
Issue #005 - August 19, 2013!
Issue #006 - August 31, 2013!(This One Is A Bit Different)
Issue #007 - September 11, 2013!
ScratchinWeekly
Scratcher
76 posts

cheeseeater wrote:

mrsrec wrote:

I Would Apply For Programmer MAYBE Reporter…….
Spellchecker Maybe………
Am Active 8/10
I'm Ready To Apply!
Hi mrsrec! You have now joined as a programmer! If you do want to become a reporter please fill this is, Do you promise not to write ANYTHING disrespectful of hurtful and not make rude comments about other scratchers and their collabs, and will you always ask the editor if you are unsure:
Thanks a lot!
P.S there is a assistant editor space, if you want to apply for it!

Maybe….. But I Don't Have Much To Report….

EDIT: Wait, Am I Still In That Account? I'm Getting Out Of This One.

Last edited by ScratchinWeekly (July 19, 2013 23:18:50)

Hyperspaceguy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok, I will begin on the comic tomorrow. About the template issue, if we had it as a project it would get way more views then as a forum. So, what we should do is type it all out with nice background and stuff in something simple like paint.net, and import the images into scratch. I have made a scratch paper like that before on my old account.

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hyperspaceguy wrote:

Ok, I will begin on the comic tomorrow. About the template issue, if we had it as a project it would get way more views then as a forum. So, what we should do is type it all out with nice background and stuff in something simple like paint.net, and import the images into scratch. I have made a scratch paper like that before on my old account.
What I was going to do is make a project with the logo and have a bunch of buttons for the different articles, post it on my test account and have mrsec put it on the collab account.

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Goldfish678
8-9, 6-7 starting September 2
I'll try. But im very busy on scratch.
Reporter
Of course not!
Just saw it in the forums
jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Hey!
Your username and other usernames you use: just jkl0l

How active are you, 1 is never active, 10 is active 24/7 (NOTE: You have to be at least five, probably 1 hour a day): 8, but for the next week I won't be on!

Will you try and complete you job before the paper comes out: Oh yeah!!!!

What jobs do you want: Artist, reporter, Spelling/Punctuation (mostly)

Do you promise not to write ANYTHING disrespectful of hurtful and not make rude comments about other scratchers and their collabs, and will you always ask the editor if you are unsure: Yes

(optional)How did you find out about us: CHeeseeater's sig
Welcome! You are now a member! Well, looks like my sig is doing a good thing. I am thinking about making the first paper for Monday 22nd of July, think that will give us plenty of time to get members and create or first paper! What sort of things are you thinking about reporting on?
Thanks, cheeseeater
I was thinking of doing a history of April fools' day on scratch. I think we should have a “Bug reports” section, where every issue we can post a new bug, a description of it, and why to watch out, as well as (possibly) how to prevent it. ALso, you give me a topic, I'll write about it!!!

This made me cry. NO!!! NOT THE BOW TIE!!!
mrsrec
Scratcher
500+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Hey!
Your username and other usernames you use: just jkl0l

How active are you, 1 is never active, 10 is active 24/7 (NOTE: You have to be at least five, probably 1 hour a day): 8, but for the next week I won't be on!

Will you try and complete you job before the paper comes out: Oh yeah!!!!

What jobs do you want: Artist, reporter, Spelling/Punctuation (mostly)

Do you promise not to write ANYTHING disrespectful of hurtful and not make rude comments about other scratchers and their collabs, and will you always ask the editor if you are unsure: Yes

(optional)How did you find out about us: CHeeseeater's sig
Welcome! You are now a member! Well, looks like my sig is doing a good thing. I am thinking about making the first paper for Monday 22nd of July, think that will give us plenty of time to get members and create or first paper! What sort of things are you thinking about reporting on?
Thanks, cheeseeater
I was thinking of doing a history of April fools' day on scratch. I think we should have a “Bug reports” section, where every issue we can post a new bug, a description of it, and why to watch out, as well as (possibly) how to prevent it. ALso, you give me a topic, I'll write about it!!!
You Posted Less Than Five Minutes Ago?
And Nobody Has Replied To Me About Making The Scratchin' Weekly Account.
EDIT : I Have LOTS Of Bugs.

Last edited by mrsrec (July 20, 2013 17:31:19)

Hyperspaceguy
Scratcher
100+ posts

My comic is done. it is about Escalator Mayhem, a game that has recently gotten really popular.

Also I posted an example template for my idea on how to post the issues. I really think that having it in a project is much better then on a forum.

ScratchinWeekly
Scratcher
76 posts

Hyperspaceguy wrote:

My comic is done. it is about Escalator Mayhem, a game that has recently gotten really popular.

Also I posted an example template for my idea on how to post the issues. I really think that having it in a project is much better then on a forum.
Great! We Are SO Gonna Get This Done!

ScratchinWeekly
Scratcher
76 posts

Hi All, I Would Just Like To Let You Know That Our Idea Of A News Paper Has Been Copied.

ScratchinWeekly
Scratcher
76 posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

Yes.

Let's Post The News In This Account. Nobody Has Acknowledged That It Exists.

Mozzi64
Scratcher
100+ posts

EDIT: Signup canceled.

Last edited by Mozzi64 (July 22, 2013 12:21:24)

THE POTATOES, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE
HEELLLLPPP
lol

ScratchinWeekly
Scratcher
76 posts

Mozzi64 wrote:

Your username and other usernames you use: Mozzi64

How active are you, 1 is never active, 10 is active 24/7 (NOTE: You have to be at least five, probably 1 hour a day): 6 to 9

Will you try and complete your job before the paper comes out: YES

What jobs do you want: All ecxept collab reporter

Do you promise not to write ANYTHING disrespectful of hurtful and not make rude comments about other scratchers and their collabs, and will you always ask the editor if you are unsure: Yeah

(optional)How did you find out about us: A post in Awesome Penguin Prods
We'll Talk About It Together.

Hyperspaceguy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok, sounds like everything is going good. If you need me to do anything just say so, I check this thread twice a day

chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchinWeekly wrote:

Hi All, I Would Just Like To Let You Know That Our Idea Of A News Paper Has Been Copied.
I DID NOT COPY IT! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT?!